About the CSSR
George Mason University’s Center for Social Science Research (CSSR) is committed to conducting publicly engaged social research that can promote social justice and inform equitable social policy. Housed within the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, the CSSR builds on a long tradition of social science research for the public good. At its center are thematic research hubs focused on quantitative, qualitative, community-engaged research, and program evaluation.
- Creatively marshal social science research for problem-solving ends.
- Strengthen civil society by supporting research initiatives that serve the public, build sustainable communities, and promote dignified lives.
- Promote interdisciplinary engagements among scholars and practitioners to respond to deep challenges confronting local and global communities.
- Draw stakeholders beyond the university and equitably engage a diversity of perspectives and expertise to build community capacity through social science knowledge.
- Support students seeking careers in the social sciences through professional development programming.
Our Research Hubs: