University of Karachi Partnership
A Partnership between The University of Karachi Department of Public Administration and the School of Public Policy, George Mason University
The partnership was made possible by a $1 million grant from the US Department of State/United States Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The partnership arrangement will be mutually beneficial—adding to the academic strength of both universities, in particular deepening Univ of Karachi faculty and students understanding of U.S. culture and society and George Mason University faculty and students understanding of Pakistani culture and society.
The partnership will:
- Contribute to the learning and teaching of public policy and public administration at the UoK;
- Focus on public policy and public administration curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Improve the capacity and professional development of the UoK faculty;
- Hold an international conference on public policy and public administration in Pakistan designed and managed in collaboration with the UoK; and
- Assist in strengthening mutual understanding between the people of the U.S. and Pakistan through academic and cultural activities.